Maslon Edelman Borman & Brand, LLP
The Maslon Law Firm is proud to be a founding sponsor of the Minnesota Cup. We are excited about our partnership and encourage companies of all sizes who have innovative concepts and outstanding ideas to participate in this extraordinary event.
Our firm has a rich history, spanning more than 50 years, of providing legal services to a variety of businesses like the companies entering this program.
The attorneys at Maslon help businesses and individuals through their legal needs with the following niche practice areas:
Business & Securities focuses on emerging growth to middle-market businesses. The Group works with companies from the initial capitalization stage through a company's "harvest" event and beyond.
Litigation handles complex litigation matters for middle-market to Fortune 500 companies. Litigation experience includes non-competition, insurance, intellectual property, construction, appeals, and complex business disputes.
Labor & Employment advises companies on a wide range of employment-related needs and handles labor and employment disputes.
Financial Services provides legal services to financial institutions including bankruptcy, loan documentation, workouts and representing trustees in complex bond default matters.
Maslon provides services to start up and emerging companies, guiding them through their development and growth. We are sensitive to providing emerging businesses the legal services that they actually need in a cost-efficient manner. These services include:
- Financing needs
- Transaction planning and negotiation
- Business and tax planning
- Growth cycle
- we work with companies through various stages of financing
- Seed and founder's stock
- "Retail" private placements
- Venture capital financing
- Employment, non-competition and confidentiality agreements
- Employee handbooks, policies and counseling
- Stock options and compensation matters
Technology and Intellectual Property
- Copyright and trademark registration
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Asset and stock transactions
- Reverse merger offerings utilizing a public "shell"
- Divestiture of business divisions or subsidiaries
- Tax-free reorganizations
- Management and leveraged buyouts
- Friendly and hostile takeovers
- Joint ventures
- Going private transactions
- Private Placements
- Public Offerings
- Public Company Compliance
- Tender Offers
- Stock Option Plans
TECHNOLOGY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Maslon's Technology and Intellectual Property lawyers assist clients in the acquisition, implementation, protection, sale and licensing of technology and intellectual property assets, including a broad array of transactions, contract negotiations, licensing and distribution agreements, and general counseling services. Services include:
- Copyright and trademark counseling
- Intellectual property protection and transfer
- Licensing and distribution
- Technology protection and development, including software and hardware development and licensing agreements, and trade secret counseling and protection programs
- E-commerce and Internet law
- Emerging business counseling and commercial contracts
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Trade secret protection
If you desire more information, please contact:
To learn more about us, we invite you to visit our web site at www.maslon.com