Social Entrepreneur Division
The Social Entrepreneur Division of the Minnesota Cup seeks out, supports, and celebrates Minnesota's most innovative and effective social entrepreneurs and the organizations they lead. To be eligible to enter the Social Entrepreneur division, the organization's primary purpose must be a social mission, rather than generating a profit. If your organization's aim is to have an impact on the critical challenges facing our society including education, environmental sustainability, health and economic & social equity, this division is for you.
Social Entrepreneur Division Supported by:
Awards and Benefits Include:
Social Entrepreneur Division Winner:
- $20,000 general operating grant for capacity building
- Opportunity to compete against six other Minnesota Cup division winners for the grand prize
- Professionally produced and edited video of final pitch at Grand Prize judging round courtesy of TECHdotMN
- Scholarship to the Minnesota High Tech Association's Annual Minnesota Venture & Finance Conference
Social Entrepreneur Division Runner Up:
- $5,000 general operating grant
- Featured in a supplement that is included with the December issue of Twin Cities Business magazine.
- Division Finalist Training - "Winning Investment Presentations" by Spoken Impact.
- The opportunity to present their plan to a review board of esteemed business leaders.
- An invitation to attend a semi-finalist reception at the Carlson School of Management.
- Opportunity to learn about resources available to entrepreneurs and attend events organized/promoted by the Minnesota Cup.
- Networking with Minnesota Cup supporting partners and other entrepreneurs.
- A chance to improve the entrepreneur’s pitch given the required elements of the initial entry, which also represent a basic outline for a business plan.
- A valuable experience that will help all entrants as they work on their ventures.