High Tech Division
The High Tech division of the Minnesota Cup seeks out, supports, and celebrates Minnesota's technology-based economy. We are seeking entries in software and hardware (Web-based software, Web 2.0, etc.), networking, communications and wireless equipment and products. We also are looking for submissions in the innovative development and/or delivery of technology services, including consulting services, service providers and software as a service.
Awards and Benefits Include:
High Tech Division Winner:
- $30,000 in seed capital
- Premium access to the Minnesota Angel Network
- Business organization (or services of similar value) from the law firm of Gray Plant Mooty
- Accounting assistance from Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company, LLP
- Professionally produced and edited video of final pitch at Grand Prize judging round courtesy of TECHdotMN
- Scholarship to The Collaborative’s Annual Minnesota Venture & Finance Conference
High Tech Division Runner-up:
- $5,000 in seed capital
- Featured in a supplement that is included in the December issue of Twin Cities Business magazine.
- Division Finalist Training - "Winning Investment Presentations" by Spoken Impact.
- Detailed feedback of their final written entry and oral presentation.
- The opportunity to present their plan to a review board of esteemed business leaders.
- An invitation to attend a semi-finalist reception at the Carlson School of Management.
- The opportunity to be paired with a University of Minnesota alumni mentor with extensive entrepreneurial experience.
- Opportunity to learn about resources available to entrepreneurs and attend events organized/promoted by the Minnesota Cup.
- Networking with Minnesota Cup supporting partners and other entrepreneurs.
- A chance to improve the entrepreneur’s pitch given the required elements of the initial entry, which also represent a basic outline for a business plan.
- A valuable experience that will help all entrants as they work on their ventures.
Review Board for High Tech Division:
- Tony Abena – Chief Operating Officer, Deloitte Investments LLC
- David Dalvey – Brightstone Venture Capital
- Tom Donnelly – President & Chief Operating Officer, Digital River
- Michael Gorman – Managing Director, Split Rock Partners
- Dan Grigsby – Founding Partner, Drivetrain
- Sima Griffith – Founder, Aethlon Capital
- Jeff Hinck – Partner, Icon Venture Partners
- Joel Lebewitz – Partner, Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company, LLP
- Joy Lindsay – President and Co-Founder StarTec Investments, LLC
- Scott Litman – Co-founder, Minnesota Cup & Managing Partner, Magnet 360
- Marti Nyman – Director, Emerging Businesses Group, UnitedHealth Group
- Doug Ramler – Principal Co-Chair Entrepreneurial Services Group, Gray Plant Mooty Law Firm
- Sam Richter – Chief Executive of SBR Worldwide and SVP/Chief Marketing Officer at ActiFi
- Guy Turner – Partner, Hyde Park Venture Partners
- Marc Usem – Principal/Portfolio Mgr., Usem Bergstrand Capital Management, LLC