Innovative services and solutions not included in the other program divisions.
The General division of the Minnesota Cup seeks out, supports, and celebrates Minnesota entrepreneurs whose ideas may not be a fit in the other Minnesota Cup divisions.
Awards and Benefits Include:
General Division Winner:
- $30,000 in seed capital
- Accounting assistance from Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company, LLP
- Professionally produced and edited video of final pitch at Grand Prize judging round courtesy of TECHdotMN
- Scholarship to the Minnesota High Tech Association's Annual Minnesota Venture & Finance Conference
General Division Runner-up:
- $5,000 in seed capital
- Featured in a supplement that is included in the December issue of Twin Cities Business magazine.
- Division Finalist Training - "Winning Investment Presentations" by Spoken Impact.
- Detailed feedback of their final written entry and oral presentation.
- The opportunity to present their plan to a review board of esteemed business leaders.
- An invitation to attend a semi-finalist reception at the Carlson School of Management.
- The opportunity to be paired with a University of Minnesota alumni mentor with extensive entrepreneurial experience.
- Opportunity to learn about resources available to entrepreneurs and attend events organized/promoted by the Minnesota Cup.
- Networking with Minnesota Cup supporting partners and other entrepreneurs.
- A chance to improve the entrepreneur’s pitch given the required elements of the initial entry, which also represent a basic outline for a business plan.
- A valuable experience that will help all entrants as they work on their ventures.
Review Board for General Division:
- Kevin Besikof – Partner, Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company, LLP
- Art Fry – 3M Corporate Scientist (Retired ), Inventor of Post-It Notes
- Brad Lehrman – Attorney at Law, Soffer Charbonnet Law Group
- Teresa Marchek – President, Yellow Burst Consulting, LLC
- Mark Marlow – President and Managing Partner, Omphalos Venture Partners
- Jeffrey Robbins – Partner, Entrepreneurial Services Practice Group, Messerli & Kramer
- Sara Russick – Gopher Angels
- Thom Sandberg – Founder The Kenyon Consortium
- Jackie Schneider – Vice President of Sales and Customer Service, Proto Labs, Inc.
- Meredith Schwarz – General Mills
- Marty Solhaug – President, Sunny Hill Investment Company LLC
- Brian Turner – Broadcaster, 96.3 K-TWIN
- John Uribe – Director, Mergers & Acquisitions, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Steven Wellvang – Partner, Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP
- Ed Zabinski – Senior Vice President, Grand Rapids State Bank