Energy, Clean Technology & Water Division
The Energy, Clean Technology & Water division will help drive Minnesota to the forefront of energy and innovation by advancing breakthrough ideas and promoting entrepreneurship in energy and clean technologies, including advancements in traditional power generation, clean tech, conservation including water, energy efficiency, renewable energy, biofuels, and sustainable products and chemicals.
Awards and Benefits Include:
Energy, Clean Technology & Water Division Winner:
- $30,000 in seed capital
- Scholarship for the 2015 National Cleantech Open Accelerator
- Accounting assistance from Eide Bailly, LLP
- Professionally produced and edited video of final pitch at Grand Prize judging round courtesy of TECHdotMN
- Scholarship to the Minnesota High Tech Association's Annual Minnesota Venture & Finance Conference
Energy, Clean Technology & Water Division Runner-up:
- $5,000 in seed capital
- Featured in a supplement that is included in the December issue of Twin Cities Business magazine.
- Division Finalist Training - "Winning Investment Presentations" by Spoken Impact.
- Detailed feedback of their final written entry and oral presentation.
- The opportunity to present their plan through an oral presentation to the entire review board.
- An invitation to attend a semi-finalist reception at the Carlson School of Management.
- The opportunity to be paired with a University of Minnesota alumni mentor with extensive entrepreneurial experience.
- Application fee to the 2015 Cleantech Open Accelerator waived
- Opportunity to learn about resources available to entrepreneurs and attend events organized/promoted by the Minnesota Cup.
- Networking with Minnesota Cup supporting partners and other entrepreneurs.
- A chance to improve the entrepreneur’s pitch given the required elements of the initial entry, which also represent a basic outline for a business plan.
- A valuable experience that will help all entrants as they work on their ventures.