Life Science & Health IT Division
The Life Science & Health IT Division seeks out, supports, and celebrates Minnesota's most innovative entrepreneurs developing plans and businesses in medical devices, biologics and biopharmaceuticals, animal health, food, healthcare delivery, healthcare services, healthcare IT and more.
Awards and Benefits Include:
Life Science & Health IT Division Winner:
- $30,000 in seed capital
- Accounting assistance from Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company, LLP
- Professionally produced and edited video of final pitch at Grand Prize judging round courtesy of TECHdotMN
- Scholarship to the Minnesota High Tech Association's Annual Minnesota Venture & Finance Conference
Life Science & Health IT Division Runner-up:
- $5,000 in seed capital
- Featured in a supplement that is included in the December issue of Twin Cities Business magazine.
- Division Finalist Training - "Winning Investment Presentations" by Spoken Impact.
- Detailed feedback of their final written entry and oral presentation.
- The opportunity to present their plan to a review board of esteemed business leaders.
- An invitation to attend a semi-finalist reception at the Carlson School of Management.
- The opportunity to be paired with a University of Minnesota alumni mentor with extensive entrepreneurial experience.
- Opportunity to learn about resources available to entrepreneurs and attend events organized/promoted by the Minnesota Cup.
- Networking with Minnesota Cup supporting partners and other entrepreneurs.
- A chance to improve the entrepreneur’s pitch given the required elements of the initial entry, which also represent a basic outline for a business plan.
- A valuable experience that will help all entrants as they work on their ventures.