Life Science & Health IT Division
The Life Science & Health IT Division seeks out, supports, and celebrates Minnesota's most innovative entrepreneurs developing plans and businesses in medical devices, biologics and biopharmaceuticals, animal health, food, healthcare delivery, healthcare services, healthcare IT and more.
Awards and Benefits Include:
Life Science & Health IT Division Winner:
- $30,000 in seed capital
- Legal assistance from the law firm of Fredrikson & Byron
- Accounting assistance from Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company, LLP
- Professionally produced and edited video of final pitch at Grand Prize judging round courtesy of TECHdotMN
- Scholarship to The Collaborative’s Annual Minnesota Venture & Finance Conference
Life Science & Health IT Division Runner-up:
- $5,000 in seed capital
- Featured in a supplement that is included in the December issue of Twin Cities Business magazine.
- Division Finalist Training - "Winning Investment Presentations" by Spoken Impact.
- Detailed feedback of their final written entry and oral presentation.
- The opportunity to present their plan to a review board of esteemed business leaders.
- An invitation to attend a semi-finalist reception at the Carlson School of Management.
- The opportunity to be paired with a University of Minnesota alumni mentor with extensive entrepreneurial experience.
- Opportunity to learn about resources available to entrepreneurs and attend events organized/promoted by the Minnesota Cup.
- Networking with Minnesota Cup supporting partners and other entrepreneurs.
- A chance to improve the entrepreneur’s pitch given the required elements of the initial entry, which also represent a basic outline for a business plan.
- A valuable experience that will help all entrants as they work on their ventures.
Review Board for Life Science & Health IT Division:
- Dr. Simone Ahuja – Founder, Blood Orange
- Dr. John Blank – TreeHouse Health
- Kunjorn Chambundabongse – UnitedHealth Group
- Juliana Elstad – Elstad Medical, LLC
- Jacki Jenuth – Principal, Lumira Capital
- Ryan Johnson – Attorney and Advisor, Fredrikson & Byron, P.A.
- Amin Kassem – Executive Vice President, Chief Information Officer, Carewise Health
- Michael Kline, Ph.D. – Mayo Ventures
- Tim Laske – Senior Product Development Director, Ph.D., Medtronic, Inc.
- Beth Leonard – Partner, Lurie Besikof Lapidus & Company, LLP
- Dan Mallin – Co-founder, Minnesota Cup & Managing Partner, Magnet 360
- Cheryl Matter – Senior Program Director, BioBusiness Alliance
- Lars Oddsson – Director of Research, Courage Kenny Research Center
- Ryan Paddock – Nzuri Ethos Investments, LLC
- Stephen Parente – Professor, Department of Finance, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
- Jay Schrankler – Executive Director, Office for Technology Commercialization, University of Minnesota
- Dr. Christopher Scorzelli – Chief Medical Officer, Kablooe Design
- Ed Spencer – Managing Partner, Affinity Capital Management
- Barb Stinnett – CEO and Managing Partner of the Timmaron Group
- Kathy Tune – Partner, Thomas, McNerney & Partners