Awards & Benefits
Through the support of our partners, we have been able to put together a variety of awards that are intended to assist the entrants of the Minnesota Cup as they pursue their entrepreneurial dreams. The following is a summary of the awards that will be provided:
- $25,000 in seed capital (Social division winner receives $20,000 and Student division winner receives $10,000).
- A scholarship for complimentary attendance to the annual Minnesota Venture & Finance Conference hosted by The Collaborative.
- Premium access to the Minnesota Angel Network
- Professionally produced and edited video of final pitch at Grand Prize judging round courtesy of TECHdotMN
- Final presentation consulting by Spoken Impact.
- Each division has unique awards and benefits. Visit the division pages for more information:
$5,000 in seed capital.
Minnesota Cup Grand Prize Winner:
- Additional $40,000 in seed capital.
- The Minnesota Cup, presented by David and Carolyn Cleveland.
- Business services from Maslon Edelman Borman & Brand law firm.
All finalists: (18)
- Featured in a 16 page supplement that is included in the December issue of Twin Cities Business.
- Division Finalist Training - "Winning Investment Presentations" by Spoken Impact.
- Detailed feedback of their final written entry and oral presentation.
- The opportunity to present their plan to an esteemed review board made up of prominent business leaders and investors.
All semi-finalists: (45-60)
- An invitation to attend a semi-finalist reception at the Carlson School of Management, where they can meet other semi-finalists, members of the review board, and Minnesota Cup partners.
- The opportunity to be paired with a mentor with extensive entrepreneurial experience.
- Opportunity to learn about resources available to entrepreneurs and attend events organized/promoted by the Minnesota Cup.
- Networking with Minnesota Cup supporting partners, investors and other entrepreneurs.
- A chance to improve the entrepreneur’s pitch given the required elements of the initial entry, which also represent a basic outline for a business plan.
- One year, complimentary subscription to Twin Cities Business.
- A valuable experience that will help all entrants as they work on their ventures.